Friday, September 16, 2016

Back in (digital) business!

Hi all of you!

This week a new course have started: Marketing in a digital world. I have to say I'm super excited! So our first task is to share our feelings about the course and goals during it. I chose to use my existing blog and I'm actually happy to be writing again.

In order to this course, me and my friend Mira are working on a project during this fall. We are making a social media strategy for a B2B company with no social media marketing at this point. This is one of the reasons why I find this marketing in a digital world - course so interesting and helpful.

My goals is to dig even deeper in to the digital world. Especially B2B content marketing interests me and I'm also looking forward to learn some new tools to use in the digital world. Even tough I have participated in a few other digital business courses in the past year, I really think it is possible to always learn something new about the social network and the digital world in common. I guess the next step will be to learn in practice. Who knows where I will find myself next?

Going through our first chapter in this course, I got some thoughts about social media. First of all thinking about B2B marketing. How to make social media marketing personal enough? It is so easy to just tell the facts, but in my opinion even more important is to bring out the personality in the company. How to be proper transparent?

One other huge thing with social media is that you're never alone?! Everything, and i mean everything, you post on the internet, will probably stay there forever. How to find the golden highway between personal and professional appearance. Also written text with no facial expressions or words spoken can easily create unfortunate misunderstandings. And in this case we should know how to handle them. Online. Not face to face.

Social networking seems like it's not that easy after all. It may be a powerful marketing channel when used right. It can be used to show the customer direction and often customers trust thumbs up. They trust the majority on the internet. And the best part is, that if you get 10 likes for example on Facebook, you still got 100 or more views because of the connections of those 10 likers. It's all about networking. Right?

There are still like a thousand of questions and thoughts in my head regarding social media, and I wish this course will give me answers and clear up my head. I also think our social media strategy will be a success when using our knowledge and by picking up every new thing to be learned!

Sorry for the boring text lacking pictures! Maybe next blog post will be more visual?

No comments:

Post a Comment